Are you super-curious about your therapy?
How does it actually work?
What is your therapist thinking?
Are you with the right therapist?
Do the "rules" of therapy confound you? What if you could use them to help you grow?
Maybe you want to get more out of your therapy sessions?
If these questions resonate with you, you are not alone.
And you are in the right place.
What if you understood how psychotherapy is helping you and could use that knowledge to deepen your healing process?
What if you had access to additional techniques that would deepen your therapy and transform your life?
You are investing in yourself in therapy.
Take your approach a step deeper and come to Therapy School!
Therapy School: A Course To Deepen Your Therapy shows you how to approach and deepen your therapy.
A Course To Deepen Your Therapy is designed to be a supplement to your therapy. It will guide you through exercises that will lead you to new understandings of yourself and your therapy. The experience of this course will change how you communicate with your therapist.
When you purchase this course, you’ll get instant access to the online classroom, where you can access all the course materials. You can access the platform on your computer, tablet or phone--the choice is yours. The course is entirely self-paced and once you enroll you will have lifetime access to the course materials.
There are online exercises and worksheets you can print out. If you’re struggling with a certain topic, you can use the discussion forum to chat with your classmates or ask me a question directly.
Not ready to make the full commitment?, Enroll in Part 1. Part 1 includes the first three modules of therapy school.
“You’ve shared perspectives I’d never thought of before and your compassion and love are so inspiring. I just thought you should know that your beautiful words are making a difference over here on the other side of the internet. Thank-you.” - Blog Reader
What You’ll Learn
By taking A Course To Deepen Your Therapy you will:
- Understand ways that therapy works to help people grow and heal
- Learn different types of therapy and how they can help you
- Learn practices to continue your work between sessions
- Learn practices to center yourself before and after your therapy sessions
- Use writing exercises to grow your understanding of yourself
- Use writing exercises to tell your therapy story
- Practice strategies that improve your communication with your therapist
- Create your personal plan with next steps for your learning and growth
How the course is organized:
Part 0: Getting Started
Part 1: Practices to begin your journey
Part 2: Understanding the Rules and Types of Therapy
Part 3: Understanding How Therapy Works
Part 4: Your Relationship With Your Therapist
Part 5: Getting More Out Of Your Sessions
Part 6: Integration and Endings
“What beautiful, remarkable writing. I will read it again and again.” - Blog Reader
- 6 modules
- 15 downloadable exercises
- PDF workbook containing all exercises
- 7 motivational audio segments
- 3 Audio meditations for before therapy, after therapy, and for managing feelings when they become overwhelming
- 17 video lectures
- 2 reference PDF handouts
- Writing exercises
- Your Therapy Story - a piece of writing you put together through the course about your experience of therapy
- Therapy Styles Quiz
There are two course enrolment options:
Deepen Your Therapy Basic or Deepen Your Therapy Enhanced
|Deepen Your Therapy Enhanced.....||Deepen Your Therapy Basic|
|All Six Modules Of A Course To Deepen Your Therapy||Included||Included|
|Two Video Interviews With Practicing Therapists||Included|
|Signed Copy of What It Feels Like To Change||Included|
|One Hour Call With Alison |
Upon Course Completion
Deepen Your Therapy Enhanced Includes (In addition to all six modules of A Course To Deepen Your Therapy):
- Two Video Interviews With practicing therapists
- Deborah and Linda give you the inside scoop and answer questions such as:
Do you ever long for the end of the session?
Do you ever wish you could be friends with some of your clients?
What is the most frustrating part of your job?
Why don’t therapists answer questions directly?
Do you think about your clients between sessions? Do you worry about them?
How do you keep positive and healthy in a job when you are hearing about so many difficult things all the time?
What can clients do to get more out of their therapy?
How should a client know if they are with the right therapist?
- Signed Copy of What it Feels Like To Change
Published in October 2015, this is an attractive compilation of my first articles with an original preface. See details on the book here. I will send you a signed print copy.
- One Hour Call With Alison Upon Completion of the Course. This is your opportunity to:
Integrate Your Learning
Develop Next Steps
“This kind of awareness brings me so close to the beautiful core of life. Thank you for sharing” - Blog Reader
How can you 'teach' therapy? Doesn't that contradict the heart of therapy which is about the individual?
That's right - no one can teach you who you are and what you should do.
A Course To Deepen Your Therapy Focuses on two aspects that cultivate your growth:
1. Reflective practices that ground you and prepare you to have a deeper conversation with your therapist. Fifty minutes a week isn’t much - especially if you are one of those people barely make it on time and are on your phone again the minute you walk out the door. Therapy School teaches short practices to help prepare you for therapy and to integrate your sessions afterwards. There are also practices for when feelings become overwhelming and exercises to assist you in reflecting between sessions.
2. Insight about how therapy works that increases your insight into yourself and how your therapy is operating for you. Whether you agree or don't agree with various perspectives, more understanding leads to a deeper experience.
Throughout the course I emphasize the importance and uniqueness of your own process.
But isn’t this course a boundary violation?
A Course To Deepen Your Therapy is extremely careful with boundaries. Like any book, movie, or personal interaction that you bring to therapy the course stimulates thinking and feeling that you can bring to your therapy.
The forum within the course is carefully moderated. This is not a course to talk about your issues. Rather it is a course to learn about therapy and yourself.
This course is for you if:
- You are currently in therapy
- You are curious to learn more about therapy and how it works
- You want to go deeper with your therapy - to learn, grow, and heal.
This course is not for you if:
- You are not currently in therapy
- You need support for the issues you are struggling with in your life (if this is the case feel free to send me an email and we can talk about other resources which might help you right now)
The course is priced to cost about the same as 1 to 3 therapy sessions.
At the end of the course your understanding and your experience of your therapy with be in a new place. An investment in this course is an investment in yourself and your therapy.
“Everything you write resonates so deeply within me Thank you so much for your raw insight.” - Blog Reader
About the Facilitator, Alison Crosthwait, Registered Psychotherapist
I have been in therapy for years. When I first began I didn’t know how it was working but I knew it was good.
Here are some of the things I have learned:
- Psychotherapy can change your life.
- Regular, deep work with a good therapist can result in change that previously seemed impossible.
- Psychotherapy is about being human with all the mess and excitement that entails.
- There is a rich tradition of writers and thinkers in the field of therapy who have life-changing insights to offer.
- The learning that beings in therapy is a lifelong process.
I designed Therapy School to facilitate your discovery of what therapy is for you and in so doing your discovery of who you are and who you can be.
There is a 14 day full refund policy. Prices are in USD and include applicable sales tax.
“Your posts are one thing (among few) that I actually read right away as soon as I receive them… they are a lovely treat. Your posts resonate with me, but also bring me something new, a different perspective that opens up a new way of looking at something, or thinking about something. And what they bring stays with me and has repercussions in everything really – from my practice with my clients to my own therapy to how I am in the world. ” - Blog Reader
Welcome to Therapy School!
I have developed the course I wish I had when I first started therapy.
The coursework is based on years of personal therapy, academic study, and work with clients.
I love this work. And I love to share it.
I am rooting for you. Be in touch anytime.